Entered LSU's Program in 2007

Nori Shirakawa
LSU Athletic Training Student 2007-2010

Nippon Tornados (Japan, IBL- International Basketball League), Summer Intern 2009


“My experience with the Tornados was very meaningful for me. The team members pay to play for their country instead of receiving a salary to play. With no owner or staff certified AT, this situation gave me a very rare opportunity to work independently. Through this experience, I have learned the true meaning of responsibility, feeling as if I was solely responsible for their professional careers as well as their medical well-being. It was also a great pleasure for me to be a part of a non-profit organization such as the Tornados; most important was to be able to give back to my country of Japan.”

Texas Rangers, Summer Intern 2009


“This was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. Entering the Rangers’ ballpark was an incredible experience. Through this internship, I gained some insight regarding the philosophy of working in the professional baseball setting. This opportunity will help me in choosing my future career. It was also a great opportunity to learn different skills and gain knowledge from baseball Certified Athletic Trainers. The Athletic Training staff with the Rangers has a tremendous amount of experience, and it was an honor to work with them.”