Entered LSU's Program in 2011

Derek Calvert
LSU Graduate Assistant 2011-2013

Minnesota Vikings: Summer Intern 2007; Summer Intern 2008; Seasonal Intern 2009; Seasonal Intern 2010


My opporunity to work with the Minnesota Vikings was a memorable experience that I will never forget. The Athletic Training staff not only introduced me to innovative injury prevention and rehabilitation techniques, but also gave me a vast understanding into the administrative side of the profession. More importantly, the relationships I made with various Athletic Trainers and organizational staff members are some I will always have.
_________________________________________________________

Yuri Jean-Baptiste
LSU Graduate Assistant 2011-2013

Miami Dolphins: Summer Intern 2009



I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for as long as I can remember, so to be chosen to join the staff of the Miami Dolphins for the summer was an incredible honor. At the time, I was still inexperienced in the field of athletic training, and for them to have faith in me and be willing to teach me the skills necessary to succeed in the professional setting was unbelievable. Hopefully, I will one day be able to pass along the skills and knowledge I acquired there to those hoping to enter our field.
_______________________________________________________

Paul Porter
LSU Graduate Assistant 2011-2013

Detriot Lions: Summer Intern 2009; Season Intern 2010



I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to intern with the Detroit Lions and to learn from an incredible athletic training staff. The clinical skills that I was taught, and the opportunities to practice them, are invaluable to me as an athletic trainer. As a season intern I was also able to practice my leadership and communication skills and am more confident with them following the internship. It was an experience that I will cherish forever and look back on fondly.”
_________________________________________________________

Devon Bowie
LSU Athletic Training Student 2011-2014

Houston Texans: Summer Intern 2013
               

Working with the Texans this past summer was very interesting and took my thinking and work ethic to a new level. It was good to see how they operated as compared to how we did things at LSU. I think it's important to know what it's like to work at the professional level, regardless of the sport so you can display that knowledge and professionalism to those around you. Honestly, after taking part in the summer internship I felt like I could take on any role asked of me. I learned that I could work long hours with little sleep day in and day out and still perform at a level that was expected of me. It's an opportunity I think everyone looking to expand as an athletic trainer should take advantage of.
_______________________________________________________

Derionne Brooks
LSU Athletic Training Student 2011-2015

Pittsburgh Steelers: Summer Intern 2013
                                            

Working an NFL internship was an extremely valuable experience. It was amazing to work with the Steelers sports medicine staff, and extremely reassuring to see that many of the same things we do at LSU are being done in the NFL.
_________________________________________________________

Tamaria Hollis
LSU Athletic Training Student 2011-2014

Buffalo Bills: Summer Intern
         

The buffalo bills summer internship taught me a lot about the athletic training profession and myself. I've truly grown as a student because of my summer experience and feel rejuvenated to strive towards excellence. With my summer experience I hope to motivate other athletic training students to always have a good work ethic and always be motivated to be the best at their craft. I can't thank the LSU program enough for instilling me with the right foundation to have such a great opportunity and I will continue to sincerely thank the Buffalo bills for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime.
_______________________________________________________

Will Payne
LSU Athletic Training Student

Washington Redskins: Summer Intern 2013
       

My experience with the Washington Redskins was very valuable because of the diversity of skills each staff Athletic Trainer had to offer. The exposure to that was second to none and really allowed me to evaluate what I learned there with what I also learned in my undergraduate education. It allowed me to develop a style or philosophy of my own in regards to assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation by taking the best from both worlds. Although the work was not easy and very time consuming, I wouldn't trade my experience for anything, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
_________________________________________________

Eduardo Godoy
LSU Athletic Training Student

Arizona Cardinals: Summer Intern 2012 & 2013
        
Being with the Arizona Cardinals was a huge blessing and great opportunity, especially for two summer training camps and preseasons. Working in the NFL with an amazing Athletic Training staff and doctors as well as the most elite athletes has brought me some opportunities that I would have never imagined I would ever have.  Learning different skills from each Athletic Trainer has helped mold my beliefs and ways of how I will perform my duties as an Athletic Trainer. Everything that I learned at LSU was put to the test with being able to think on your feet and make quick decisions. Also, there are many friendships and connections I have made that I will never forget. If you have an opportunity to work with an NFL team, don’t hesitate to take the opportunity because I would definitely go back in a heartbeat.